The California Consumer Privacy Act is a statewide privacy law that regulates how businesses handle the Personal Information of California Consumers. The CCPA defines ‘Personal Information’ as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
Exercise your rights provided by the CCPA by calling our toll-free number at (888) 202-1364 or contacting us at CCPARights@htlenders.com. Your request needs only to state that you are making a request under the CCPA and include information about how we can contact you to review your request (your name and phone number or email address).
Your Privacy Rights
The CCPA gives California consumers a right to opt out, delete, or request access to their Personal Information.
- Right to Know. You have a right to know about the Personal Information we have collected and how it is used and shared. You have the right to request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected. Information collected within the last 12 months will be made available in accordance with the CCPA.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected. Please note that in some cases information may not be deleted due to state and federal record keeping requirements.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Hometown Lenders, Inc. does not sell your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your privacy rights.
Requests for Information
You have the right to request that Hometown Lenders, Inc. disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that we may only disclose information collected during the 12 calendar months prior to your request.
Hometown Lenders, Inc. recognizes the important of consumer privacy. However, we do collect and share Personal Information for our everyday business purposes. The types of Personal Information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers as defined by the CCPA. Examples include your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Examples include name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. Examples of protected classifications include race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, primary language, age, religion, disability, (mental or physical), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information (including familial genetic information), marital status, familial status, medical condition, source of income, and military or veteran status.
- Commercial information. Examples include records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. Examples include browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information. Examples include job history (past and current) as well as performance evaluations.
Sources of Collected Personal Information
- Information you provided when getting a product or a service from our company
- Information you provided when signing up for communications from our company
- Information you provided through surveys, customer service correspondence or feedback
- Information collected through our websites
- Public Records (Federal, State or Local Government)
- Information provided by service providers and other third parties
Our Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
- Providing services
- Customer service
- Protecting against fraud
- Internal research
- Internal marketing – Hometown may contextualize your personal information internally to help us understand how our consumers engage with and respond to our marketing campaigns
- Quality control
- Human resource management
Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information
- Vendors and service providers supplying services such as, but not limited to, auditing, email delivery, and website hosting.
- Government agencies fulfilling regulatory and legal requirements.
Third Parties with Whom We Do Not Share Personal Information
Hometown will never sell or share your personal information to or with data brokers, entities that buy and sell consumer personal information, or third parties for external marketing purposes.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights
To exercise any of your rights under California law regarding your Personal Information, use one of the contact options below.
By Phone: Call (888)-202-1364
By Email: CCPARights@htlenders.com
Please include your name and phone number when submitting a request. We aim to disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days of receiving the request. If we are unable to deliver the information within this time period, we will provide you with a notice of the extension.
We will investigate all the concerns we receive and take appropriate measures to ensure that our practices are as stated in this Privacy Statement.
Updates to Data Protection Practices. This Web site privacy statement was last updated on August 25, 2020. To keep up with the rapidly evolving Internet environment, Hometown will review and revise these practices from time to time and post updates at http://www.htlenders.com.